Planning Meeting 19 March, 2012



Draft Minutes subject to formal ratification at the next Planning Meeting.
Minutes of a Planning Committee Meeting held on Monday, 19th March, 2012 at the Parish Office, Melbourn Village College, The Moor at 7.15pm.
Present: Cllrs. Sherwen (Chairman) P.Simmonett, J. Hales, M. Linnette, A. Mulcock, K.Crosby, R.Wakerley, J.Poley and R. Gatward
In Attendance: The Clerk, Cllr. Barrett and 1 members of the public.
741/11 Apologies for Absence: None
742/11 Declaration of Interests: There were no declarations of interest.
743/11  Minutes of the meeting held on 5th March, 2012:
It was proposed by Cllr. Hales, seconded by Cllr. Simmonett and agreed that the minutes of 5th March, 2012 should be signed as a true record. This was carried.
744/11  Matters Arising:
719/11(a): The committee noted that ‘NO PARKING’ on the verge had been added to the minutes. Councillors reported that there was parking on the verge over the weekend. The District Councillors to make sure this aspect is looked at when the plans come before SCDC. The Clerk to write to Highways about this matter.
ACTION: The Clerk
745/11  Village Car Park:
Cllr Hales reported that there was no news about the garages.
Cllr Gatward raised the question about the removal of the shrubs which have not been replaced. ‘Melbourn in Bloom’ to be contacted to see if bedding plants can be provided and some tubs go in there. The Clerk to contact Sharon Cammeletti.
ACTION: The Clerk
746/11  Police Site:
Cllr Poley stated that the March Report of the Community Hub Sub-committee has been written and will go to the Parish Council Meeting next week.
A Formal Planning Application was submitted a week ago and will be validated around the 21st March. Cllr Poley said he understood that some adjustment to the plans had been made after recommendations from the Planning Authority.
747/11  Village Green registrations
Cllr. Simmonett reported that the final documentation on the New Recreation Ground was going ahead and it may be called the Queen Elizabeth II New Recreation Ground. All the other sites, with the exception of Worcester Way, are now lodged with the Deed of Dedication team. With regard to Worcester Way, the problem seems to be that there are no title deeds at present for the strip of land, the ownership of which is therefore unclear. The Clerk to check with Andrew Hall at the County Council about this. Concern was also expressed about the state of the gates which need repairing and the amount of rubbish between the trees and the boundary fence. The Clerk to talk to the Handymen about this and also to the County Council.
ACTION:  The Clerk
748/11  To consider the details of the HMP Meeting held on 29th.
The committee examined the documents in the light of possible development of 3 sites in Melbourn. Cllr Hales pointed out that there is a Local Plan Workshop on the 29th March which he and others will be attending. Cllr Sherwen stressed the importance of monitoring developments and being kept informed. Several councillors expressed their concern at the impact on local infrastructure of any future development.
749/11  Notifications or Planning Consultation documents:
(a)  Notification granting planning permission for carport and double garage, sunroom and veranda (Retrospective) at 32, Station Road, Melbourn SG8 6DX on behalf of Mr O.Makings and Ms S.Saunders was noted.
(b)  Notification granting planning permission for a single storey side/rear extension at 25, New Road, Melbourn on behalf of Mr Andrew Mellor was noted.
(c)  Notification of the withdrawal of the planning application for the erection of extensions to the side and rear of the property at 9, Drury Lane, Melbourn on behalf of Mr & Mrs O’Malley was noted.
750/11  Planning Applications:
There were no planning applications.
751/11  Correspondence:
(a)  Letter from John and William Warden, 10 Thatcher Stanfords Close re: 31, The Moor, Melbourn was noted.
752/11  Urgent matters:
The Clerk reported the tree over the River Mel which had given access to the land opposite and young people had used it to establish a den. Cllr Simmonett had been in touch with the Principal Of Melbourn Village College about the matter. Cllr Simmonett will contact the River Mel Group.
ACTION Cllr Simmonett
There being no other business the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.55 p.m.

Welcome to Melbourn Parish Council