Planning Meeting 18 April, 2011

Melbourn Parish Council


Draft Minutes subject to formal ratification at the next Planning Meeting.

Minutes of a Planning Committee Meeting held on Monday, 18th April 2011 at the Parish Office, Melbourn Village College, The Moor at 7.15pm.
Present: Cllrs. M. Sherwen (Chairman), R. Gatward, J. Hales, M. Linnette, A. Mulcock and P. Simmonett.
In Attendance:  The Clerk, Cllr. Barrett and six member of the public
832/10  Apologies for Absence: Cllrs. Mowatt and Wakerley.
833/10  Declaration of Interests: Cllr. Hales declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in Item 838/10 as he had family living in the village.
834/10 Minutes of the meeting held on 4ht April 2011:
It was proposed by Cllr. Hales, seconded by Cllr. Linnette and agreed that the minutes should be signed as a true record.
835/10   Matters Arising: Item 831/10 (Urgent Matters) The Clerk had contacted SCDC and spoken to Garry Duffy, Senior Legal Officer with regards to attendance at the Extraordinary Meeting to be held on 20th April by Cllr. Sherwen who is the Council representative on the Village Plan Steering Committee.  The Clerk was advised that Cllr. Sherwen could attend the meeting having declared a Personal Interest.  If any decisions are made at this meeting he will then also have to declare a Prejudicial Interest and leave the room.
836/10 Village Car Park:
The Council is waiting for an answer back from Huck Partnership with regards to the list of comments which had been raised by Councillors and forwarded to Huck Partnership.  The Clerk is to contact Huck Partnership and request a date for the next meeting.
837/10 Police Site:
Cllr. Hales had spoken to Paul Sexton with regard to a meeting to be held with him and David Beven, Conservation Officer.  This meeting will probably take place in May and be held at SCDC.
Cllr. Mulcock suggested a cost benefit analysis with regard to a community building on the site.  Cllr. Sherwen suggested a working party meeting to discuss this matter.  He will send round an e-mail to Councillors to suggest a date for this meeting.
Tenants of the Police Houses who attended the meeting, expressed their concern over the lack of communication on the future of the site by Hundred Houses their Registered Social Landlord with regard to any temporary accommodation and their future housing needs.
Tenants are going to provide the Council with details of communications received from Hundred Houses and the Council will write on their behalf to Hundred Houses about the current and future position of its assured tenants
838/10 Heydon Grange Wind Farm:
At the present time there was nothing new to report.
839/10 Village Green registrations:
At the present time there was nothing new to report.
840/10 Discussion of SCDC proposal to use IT forum at Parish Council level:
Cllr. Mulcock, the Council’s representative at SCDC on this matter, reported that the meeting scheduled for March will now take place in May.
841/10 Notifications or planning consultation documents:
(a) SCDC – Discharge of conditions of Pocket Park, Grinnel Hill –    S/0362/09/F.  Conditions: 2, 3 and 4.
(b) SCDC – Former Plasmon Site, 2 Whiting Way.  Fuel Store. S/0269/11.  Permission Granted.
(c) There were no further Notifications or Planning Consultations received.
842/10  Planning Applications:
(a) Springfield, Fowlmere Road.  Replace Park Home with permanent dwelling. S/0739/11. Recommend Approval
(b) There were no further Planning applications received.
843/10     Correspondence:
(a) Letter from Mr and Mrs Carter – registration of strip of land on Orchard Road.  The Clerk will write to Mr and Mrs Carter thanking them for their letter and informing them that the registration of the strip of land will not include land across the entrance to their property. When registration of the land has been completed the Council will write to them again.
(b) Letter from Mr and Mrs Harrop – registration of strip of land on Orchard Road.  The Clerk will write to Mr and Mrs Harrop thanking them for their letter and inform them that the Council is registering the land to keep it secure for the village and that it is more than happy for them to continue to look after the 4.8 metre strip of land between their drive and the telegraph pole.  When registration of the land has been completed the Council will write to them again.
(c) There was no further correspondence received.
844/10  Urgent Matters:
The Clerk brought to the attention of the Committee the need for watering to be carried out on the newly planted hedge on New Road.  The Committee agreed that 3 more lots of watering by Herts and Cambs Maintenance should be carried out.
There being no other business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05pm

Welcome to Melbourn Parish Council