Planning Meeting 6 December, 2010



Draft Minutes subject to formal ratification at the next Planning Meeting.

Minutes of a Planning Committee Meeting held on Monday, 6th December 2010 at the Parish Office, 28 Station Road at 7.15pm.
Present: Cllrs. M. Sherwen (Chairman), A. Brett, R. Gatward, J. Hales, M. Linnette, D. Mowatt, A. Mulcock, P. Simmonett and R. Wakerley.
In Attendance:  The Clerk and two members of the public
557/10 Apologies for Absence: There were no apologies for absence.
558/10 Declaration of Interests: Cllr. Sherwen, Cllr. Brett, Cllr. Gatward and Cllr. Simmonett all declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in Item 570/10(a) as they were all acquainted with the residents objecting to the application.  Cllr. Hales declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in Item 571/10(e) as he had family living in the village. Cllr. Brett declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in Item 571/10(e) as the house concerned is next door to his home. Cllr. Wakerley declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in 571/10(b) as a friend of the family.  Cllr. Simmonett declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in Item 571/10(f) because he lives on the same road as the related item.  Cllr. Mulcock declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in Item 571/10(b) as the factory is just behind his home.
559/10 Minutes of the meeting held on 15th November 2010:
Item 501/10 – add the words “family live in the village” as the reason for Cllr. Hales declaration of Interest.  Item 512/10 – add the words “house next door to his” as the reason for Cllr. Brett’s declaration of interest.
With these amendments it was proposed by Cllr. Hales, seconded by Cllr. Mulcock and agreed that the minutes should be signed as a true record.
560/10 Matters Arising: Cllr. Mulcock reported that the car park had been like an ice rink and gritting needed to be carried out.  The Clerk also reported that she had had requests for more grit bins. She had been requested that these are placed on Clear Crescent, Beechwood Avenue and at the entrance to Greengage Rise.  The Clerk had contacted Michael Oakman and asked if there were any more bins available. At the present time Mr. Oakman had not replied. This matter is to be made an agenda item on the next Highways and Rural Footpaths meeting.
561/10 Precept requirements for the Committee for the year 2011/2012:
It was proposed by Cllr. Hales THAT A PRECEPT OF £16,000 BE SET FOR WORK AND RATES TO THE VILLAGE CAR PARK: RATES £4,700, MAINTENANCE £2,000 AND IMPROVEMENT WORKS £9,000.  Seconded by Cllr. Linnette and CARRIED with 7 votes for: 1 against: and 1 abstention.
562/10 Village Car Park:
Councillors have sent email comments to Cllr. Sherwen on the design.  Cllr. Sherwen will put these comments together and these will considered at a later date.   Cllr. Gatward thought that as the car park was used by the Safer Routes to school that CCC could be asked to help with the payment of the rates for the car park.
563/10 Police site in centre of village:
There had still not been a reply to the Clerk’s letter.
564/10 White House Farm:
As Cllr. Barrett had at the present time not produced a status report there was nothing to report at this time.
565/10 Co-operative Store:
There were no major problems to report at the moment and the Clerk was asked to take this item off the agenda.
566/10 Heydon Grange Wind Farm:
At the present time there was nothing to report.
567/10 Village Green Registrations:
This will be dealt with under Item 571/10 (f)
568/10 Drainage problems with Kay’s Close:
Cllr. Hales explained that as CCC Highways budget was set very low for the coming year it was going to be very difficult to get works carried out.
569/10 Notifications and Planning Consultation Documents:
(a) SCDC – Unit 2, 73 High Street.  Change of use of part of shop (A1) to veterinary consultancy.  S/1328/10.  Permission Granted.
(b) SCDC – 80 High street.  Change of use of part of the outbuilding to Form Independent Dwelling.  S/1430/10.  Permission Granted.
(c) SCDC – 7 Hale Close.  Two storey and single storey extensions to the side of the house and catslide dormer to rear roof slope.  S/1611/10.  Permission Granted.
(d) SCDC – 32 Station Road.  Change of Use from part guest house/part dwelling to single dwelling and erection of cycle/bin store.  S/1623/10.  Permission Granted.
(e) There were no Notifications or Planning Consultations received.
[Cllrs Brett, Gatward, Sherwen and Simmonett having declared a Personal and Prejudicial interesting the next item for reasons already recorded in Item 558/10 left the room at this point]
[In the absence of the Chairman the Chair was taken by Cllr. Hales]
570/10 Planning Applications:
(a) Land adjacent to 25 Station Road.  New Dwelling.  S/1981/10.  Recommend Refusal with comments.
It is felt by the Committee that the proposed development is too tall/high and too far forward on the plot.  Is over development of the plot.  The plans seem a little confusing as they do not show House No 23.  All properties in the immediate area are all of a low profile ie single storey.
[Cllrs. Brett, Gatward, Sherwen and Simmonett returned to the meeting and the Chairman took back the chair].
(b) Warren Lodge, Fowlmere Road.  Extensions. S/2027/10. Recommend Approval.
(c) 18 Armingford Crescent – Change of use of existing garage to living accommodation.  S/12756/10.  Recommend Approval.
(d) The Pink Geranium, 25 Station Road – Change of use from Restaurant (A3) to Dwelling (C3).  S/1983/10.  Recommend Refusal with comments.
The Planning Committee would accept the application for change of use in principal but not the additional building and changes put forward on this application.  This needs to be the subject of a separate application which the committee can consider individually.
(e) There were no further planning applications received.
571/10   Correspondence:
(a) E-mail from Brian Collingbourne – Storage space.
The Clerk is to contact Mr Collingbourne and inform him that the Parish Council does not wish a container to be placed on the Recreation Ground. She is to suggest that he contacts TTP on this storage matter.
(b) E-mail from Linda Sage – Rotational Moulding Factory on Whiting Way.
Had the promised liaison group been set up then it could have dealt with this.  The Parish Council does feel that it has a role to play in this matter but it needs to understand what is needed to monitor this.  Cllr. Hales will talk to SCDC and the Clerk will contact Highways with regards to this matter.
(c) Letter from Cambridgeshire ACRE – Affordable Rural Housing – A Housing Needs Survey for Melbourn.
The Clerk is to enquire if there is a deadline for this survey.
(d) Carter Jones – Unlock the Planning gain of your new local powers.  Noted
(e) E-mail from Jenny Clark – Access over Vicarage Close, Melbourn for 38 High Street. Noted.
(f) Letter from Taylor Wimpey – Land at Greengage Rise.  Noted
(g) There was no further correspondence received.
572/10 Urgent Matters:
Cllr. Gatward asked the Councillors for help with the erection of the village Christmas Tree. Help is needed from 10.00am on Wednesday, 8th of December.
There being no other business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.10pm

Welcome to Melbourn Parish Council