Planning Meeting 20 September, 2010



Minutes of a Planning Committee Meeting held on Monday, 20th September 2010 at the Parish Office, 28 Station Road at 7.15pm.
Present: Cllrs. A. Brett (Vice-Chairman), R. Gatward, J. Hales, A. Mulcock and P. Simmonett.
[In the absence of the Chairman the chair was taken by the Vice-Chairman]
In Attendance:  The Clerk.
337/10                Apologies for Absence: Cllrs. Sherwen and Wakerley
338/10                Declaration of Interests: Cllr.  Hales declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in Item 345/10.
339/10                Minutes of the meeting held on 6th September 2010:
With the removal of the words at Item 310/10 (b) of  “Norbury Building and Landscape Supplies” and  replacement by the word “Seearo” It was proposed by Cllr. Hales, seconded by Cllr. Gatward and agreed that the minutes of 6th September 2010 should be signed as a true record.
340/10                Matters Arising: There were no matters arising.
341/10                Village Car Park:
Cllr. Brett reported that in the very near future Huck Partnership were expected to e-mail the dates that it could attend the proposed meeting.
342/10                Police site in centre of village:
The Clerk had sent letters and a list of questions for consideration to Planning and Conservation Officers and had also suggested dates for a meeting to be held at the Parish Office.  Cllr. Hales said he had spoken to David Bevan, the Conservation Manager, who had told him that he would be replying to the letter in the next day or two.
343/10 White House Farm:
There was nothing to report at the present time apart from the Tree Preservation Order which will be reported later.
344/10 Co-operative Store:
It was reported that the lorries were now are mainly parking away from the traffic lights.  Inspector Savage said that photographic evidence was needed both by the Police to act upon and to be forwarded to companies whose lorries were parking up to the traffic lights. This situation still needs to be monitored.
At the moment the outside area of the shop seemed to be a lot cleaner.
[Cllr. Hales having declared a Personal and Prejudicial interest in the next item left the room]
345/10 Wind Farm at Heydon Grange:
Cllr. Brett read out an e-mail received from Jeannie Seers informing the Committee that she had been appointed liaison for Melbourn Village and will act as the feed for information exchange between our village and the Action group. At the present time there was no new information to report.
[Cllr. Hales rejoined the meeting)
346/10 Village Green Registrations:
Cllr. Brett had circulated a summary of the issues.  There were two courses that could be taken.
1. An approach be made to Wimpy to see if the Parish Council could adopt/purchase the site and play equipment.
2.  The Parish Council puts in an application for this to be made a village green, which would involve witness statements.  This will require OS maps with a scale of not less than 1:2,500.  Three maps are to be obtained, one to incorporate Greengage Rise relative to the surrounding area including the boundary of the cemetery site, one to show the actual site in more detail. And one to show the catchment area of the people using it.  The Clerk would fill in the Form 44.
Cllr. Simmonett is to give the Clerk the co-ordinates required for the ordering of the OS maps.  He will also speak to residents with regard to witness statements.
[At this point in the discussion Cllr. Simmonett declared a Personal and Prejudicial Interest in this matter]
The Clerk was asked to purchase a book from the Open Spaces Society entitled “Getting Greens Registered” from at a cost of £11.
The following recommendation is to be put to the full Parish Council meeting on the 27th September.
The Planning Committee recommends that the Parish Council approach Wimpy with the objective of adopting or buying the open space at Greengage Rise.
At the same time the Council starts working at low cost towards village green registration, which will involve witness statements and minor map work.
347/10   Notifications and Planning Consultation Documents:
(a) SCDC – 35 Hale Close.  Three Dormers.  S/1114/20/F.  Permission Granted.
(b) SCDC – 10 Carlton Rise.  Erection of Garage following Demolition of Existing.  S/1168/10/F.  Permission Granted.
(c) SCDC Units A and B7, Mortlock Street. Use of premises as Vets.  S/0860/10/F.  Permission Granted.
(d) There were no further Notifications or Planning Consultations received.
348/10   Planning Applications:
(a)        Unit 2, 73 High Street – Change to use to part of shop (A1) to veterinary consultant.  S/1328/10. Recommend Approval with comments.
1.      Signage to be in keeping with a prominent property in a Conservation Area.
2.      The parking available should be closely checked and evaluated, and the facilities referred to in paragraph 4.3 of the Design and Access Statement should be verified.  Parking in this area of the High Street is already congested.  The spaces in front of the premises (para 2.4) may be needed for the post box.
Subject to these points, the principle of the application is endorsed.
(b) Melbourn Bury – Proposed demolition of existing attached garage and the construction of a new quadruple garage. S/1189/10.  Recommend Approval.
(c) 15 The Lawns – Dwelling.  S/1077/10/F.  Detail of Amendment – Dwelling shifted forward on the plot and revised first floor room layout.  For Information only.
(d) 15a Fordham Way. Extension.  S/1223/10.  Planning application has been amended to show correct position of dwelling and garage.  For Information only.
(e) There were no further planning applications received.
349/10                Correspondence:
(a) SCDC – Formal Notice of Tree Preservation Order on one Sycamore situated in the ground of 31 The Moor.  Noted.
(b) SCDC – Formal Notice of Tree Preservation Order on two false Acacias situated in the grounds of White House Farm, Cambridge Road.  Noted.
(c) Letter from the Land Registry – Registering your Council’s property.
The Clerk is to write thanking the Land Registry and informing them that the Council is happy to look into this.  It will check specific property titles and hope to be in touch further.  In the meantime could they let us know the approach to fees as this could be a real issue for the Parish Council.
(d) There was no further correspondence received.
350/10                Urgent Matters:
Cllr. Gatward reported that she is to have a meeting with members of the Bowls Club at mid-day tomorrow to discuss the help required with the clean-up on 24th September.  She is to inform the members that the Council will help with the clean-up by –
(a) dealing with the clippings from any work carried out by the Bowls Club.  These clippings should be placed into dumpy bags so that Council workers can remove them from site.
(b) cutting the outside of the hedge and removing any clippings.
Cllr. Gatward is to request that in future any such help by the Council is requested on a yearly basis.
There being no other business the Vice-Chairman closed the meeting at 9.10pm

Welcome to Melbourn Parish Council